Medical Assistant Tier II now includes Phlebotomy and Electrocardiogram Technician
The online Medical Assistant Tier II Program offered at Phlebotomy Career Training is a three-in-one package including Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, and ECG Technician certifications. This online course allows you to expand your career horizons and expertise, where you can get three certifications at a price and the time spent on one course.
Let’s find out more !
Online Medical Assistant Tier II Program
The Phlebotomy Career Training institute offers online and in-class world-class medical health careers and certifications to students. For all students passionate about becoming a medical assistant and willing to take this challenging job, the Phlebotomy Career Training offers its online Medical Assistant Tier II Program in which the students will study about:
- HIPPA and OSHA regulations
- Take vital signs
- Infection control
- SOAP Note charting
- Perform injections
- Assist with minor surgical procedures
- Perform drug and pregnancy testing
- Create a safe environment for the patients
- Bedside manner
- Verbal therapeutic communication
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Scheduling, and more
The best part is that this course also includes Phlebotomy Technician and Electrocardiogram Technician training. Thus, a student registering for the online Medical Medical Tier II Program will also learn to perform electrocardiograms and phlebotomies and do not have to take separate courses for these.
In the online Medical Assistant Tier II Course, you will learn:
- Proper phlebotomy technique
- Point of care testing
- Verbal therapeutic communication
- Specimen processing
- Record-keeping and documentation
- Maintaining and using equipment
- Compassionate patient care
- Working in accordance with hospital and laboratory guidelines
- Basic physiology and anatomy principles, and more
Students enrolling in the online Medical Assistant Tier II Program will learn the following:
- Components and technical operation of the electrocardiograph
- Understand, read and interpret Electrocardiogram Lead Tracings
- Patient evaluation
- Basic nursing and patient care
- Basic anatomy and physiology principles
- Emergency procedures and more
Students will learn electrocardiography and cardiology on multiple multimedia and interpret the 12 Lead ECG through video lectures.
Are There Any Prerequisites for the Online Medical Assistance Tier II Program?
No prior experience is required. Any student with a high school diploma or equivalent GED can enroll in this online course.
An online certification exam follows the course completion the students must pass to get certifications for the three programs.
Benefits of an Online Medical Assistant Course
Many students are skeptical about online training courses. However, the reality is that online courses bring with them several benefits:
- An online training course is flexible to your schedule
- You can complete it in 8 weeks, although you have six months from the enrollment time for its completion
- It is accessible 24/7
- Its modules are mobile-friendly
- It is no less than an in-place course and is offered online through video lectures where the assigned instructors provide you with real-time assistance and feedback.
What are the Internship Requirements?
To graduate from this course, students will need to complete the following training, each supervised and signed of:
- The Medical Assistant clinical core requirement requires students to complete training and observation for 204 hours.
- The phlebotomy course clinical core requirement requires students to perform 30 venipunctures. Those who cannot access phlebotomy internships in their area now have a virtual alternate, a Virtual Simulation Kit (VSK), which they can get upon registering for the course.
- EKG clinical core requirements require students to complete live EKGs observation for 40 hours. ECG Technicians unable to access internships also have a virtual substitute.
And yes, the Medical Assistant Tier II Certifications offered at the Phlebotomy Career Training are valid nationwide. However, it is recommended that students verify their state’s licensing and certification requirements.
Register now before the tuition prices hike. Call (734) 762-3220 or visit the website for more information!
Other medical health careers to explore at Phlebotomy Career Training include pharmacy technician, cardio-phlebotomy, electrocardiogram technician, certified nurses aid and so much more. With courses available both online and in class you are sure to find a program that works with you!
To learn more about guidelines and standard practices in phlebotomy from the naptp, telemetry (NTA) and IV certifications (NIVA)call and speak to a program specialist today!