Phlebotomy Covid 19 Process
The world of Phlebotomy is always changing for the better, especially now with the presence of COVID-19. We found this Phlebotomy Webinar from the MAYO Clinic on the blood collection process helpful, informative, and essential to Phlebotomists everywhere. Click here for the full video.
• Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Describe changes to blood draw processes to minimize the need to enter COVID-19 rooms.
• Discuss staff trainings in modified droplet protections, fit testing, and proper use of N95/PAPR and face shields.
• Review the unique needs of the different service areas to address the PPE preservation and collection process.
• Identify the adaptations that need to be integrated into the blood collection process to facilitate collaboration between nursing and phlebotomy staff.“
At Phlebotomy Career Training, keeping up on the latest guidelines and procedures in all areas of medical health is essential to the safety and success of our students and programs, beginning with Phlebotomy and blood collection. Therefore, we have implemented the safest practices and take precautions as top priority. Laying the groundwork for a safe work environment and excellent patient care is what PCT is all about.
Phlebotomy Career Training is the Nation’s leader in Medical Health Careers producing students that are well prepared and ready to work in the field of their choice. Our programs offered include Phlebotomy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Electrocardiogram Technician, Dialysis Technician, Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Medical Coding and Billing and more!
Our programs are accredited through National Organizations, led by experienced educators, offered both in class and online and yield a 99% course completion rate. If you are interested in a career in medical health, Phlebotomy Career Training has the program for you. Call and speak with a Program Specialist today!
For more information on a career in phlebotomy, certifications, employment and more click here.