Meeting the Need for Qualified Providers
As the COVID-19 pandemic surges across the United States and the world, new testing centers are being set-up worldwide to rapidly test for COVID-19. This has opened new opportunities for medical assistant employment throughout the world.
At Phlebotomy Career Training, our fast track, nationally accredited online medical assistant program is geared to prepare our students for the multitude of situations they will face in the field, with a focus on skills such as Phlebotomy, EKG/ Telemetry and Infection Control/ PPE procedures. With our fast-track six months or less Online Medical Assistant Program, we are ready to help our aspiring frontline heroines and heroes meet the challenges ahead.
What Can A Medical Assistant (COVID READY) Do?
These are a small set of skills that our medical assistants at phlebotomy career training learn, among many, many others:
• Perform nasal swab COVID-19 testing
• Run Abbott machines
• Specimen collection
• Phlebotomy skills a plus
• Interact with patients (therapeutic communication)
What Will Employers Expect?
Most employers will be looking at something similar to this set of expectations/ requirements. Phlebotomy Career Training’s online medical assistant program prepares our graduates to meet these standards and more.
• Current certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program (completed externship) and current •Basic Life Support certification
• 6+ months experience as a medical assistant (externship/ clinical hours can be applied to this time period).
• Prior experience with swabbing preferred
• Tech savvy:Familiarity of iPads, chromebooks, notepads, laptops and comfortable troubleshooting with connectivity issues/ working with online programs.
• Great communication skills
• Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
• Comfortable working outdoors and under minimal supervision
What Can You Expect?
This is a general outlook on what medical assistants are being offered in the current COVID-19 working environment.
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company cultures
• Collaborative environments
• 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
• Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week.
The Phlebotomy Career Training Online Advantage
At Phlebotomy Career Training, our over 10 years of experience in medical assistant online training prepares students to be an important part of any medical team, from testing clinics to urgent care centers. The skills students will learn from interfacing with our online program will help them become more tech savvy and learn new and cutting-edge techniques in the field of medical assisting.
Our classes and programs are nationally accredited and offered both on-line and in-class. They include: Phlebotomy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Electrocardiogram Technician, Dialysis Technician, Medical Assistant and more!
For more information or to speak with an admissions counselor, contact us at (888) 410-6416 or email at email@example.com.