Work Remotely with a Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding
What is Medical Billing and Coding?
Medical coding and billing is a process of “translating” a doctor’s diagnoses to a numeric or alphanumeric code. For every injury, diagnosis, and medical procedure, there is a corresponding code. Medical billers take the information from the medical code and make a bill for the insurance company, called a claim, relating to a health care system. Many people interested in Medical billing and coding would prefer to take the certification online.
Who are targeted?
Medical billing and coding certificate should target a group of people who can handle the job perfectly and those who have helpful skills such as: organization skills, attention to details, strong ethics, communication skills, and analytical skills.
What are the Main Job Duties?
Medical Billers and coders’ job includes many responsibilities and duties. They do their work remotely due to the fact that all work is done on computer and E-mails.
The medical biller and coder job duties:
1. Verify coverage and eligibility for medical services
2. Communicate with insurance providers and patients
3. Review patient bills and correct any missing or inaccurate information
4. Use a billing software to prepare and transmit claims
5. Collect unpaid claims and clear up discrepancies
6. Investigate and appeal claims that were denied
7. Complete data entry to update spreadsheets and reports
8. Work with patients to set up payment plans
9. Adapt to updates and changes in billing software.
How much could a Medical Biller and Coder Make per Hour?
The typical pay scale for a medical biller can fluctuate according to location, experience, and training. Pay scale suggests that the hourly pay can range anywhere from about $12 to $20, with an average of $15.75.
Phlebotomy Career Trainings Medical Billing and Coding program is nationally certified so students can work in any state. Students can study in the comfort of their own home, with online classes to fit every schedule.
The post Work Remotely with a Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding appeared first on Phlebotomy Career Training.